The spirit of pond hockey must prevail. Honour the traditions of sportsmanship and fair play.
- 5 Players/ Side. Substitutions are only allowed when a goal is scored against. The substitute player must enter the play behind one’s net.
- Games are comprised of two 15 minute halves with a 5 minute rest period in between periods.
- Goaltending is not allowed. Player skates are not allowed to be within three feet of the crease area.
- Winning teams have 30 minutes from the end of the game to report the score to the Stats Zone. Otherwise, the game will be treated as a tie for both teams.
- Saucer passes are allowed within reason. Common sense must prevail.
- When a goal is scored the opposing team must yield the centre line until an attacking player has crossed the half.
- When the puck leaves the ends of the rink, the puck is turned over to the team that did not play the puck at the point of exit.
- Visible or partially buried pucks are live. Allow room to play the puck.
- In the case of a flagrant penalty, a goal is awarded plus possession of the puck to the team that was fouled.
- Teams are tasked with resolving differences by honouring the traditions of sportsmanship and fair play.
- No team may win by more than 10 goals despite the actual goal differential.
- The team with the fewest goals against will be seeded higher as per the final standings.
- Once a goal is scored, the team that has been scored against, is to advance the puck past centre ice within a reasonable time-frame. If this does not occur, the defending team may count “10 steamboats” aloud and attack.
- If a team does not take to the ice within 5 minutes of the start, the waiting team will be awarded a goal for every minute of wait time thereafter. If the opposition fails to take to the ice prior to the end of the 1st half the game is officially forfeited.
Decisions made by tournament officials, including the eligibility of participants, are binding and will be made in keeping with the spirit of the game. Refunds will not be provided should a team be disqualified from the tournament.
If you would like to sponsor this tournament please click here
Any donations are welcome, for our donation form click here